SUNSHINE CANYON LANDFILL – COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CITY & COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES
Thursday, March 6, 2014
3:00 p.m. until 5:00* p.m.
Knollwood Country Club
12024 Balboa Boulevard, Granada Hills, CA 91344
Maria Armoudian, Ken Ashford, Becky Bendikson (Chair), Jeanette Capaldi, Gale Gundersen,
Wayde Hunter (Vice Chair & TAC Representative), Josh Jordahl (Treasurer & TAC Alt.), Joe Vitti
A. Call to Order, Roll Call, and Approval of January 9, 2014 Minutes.
B. Old Business. Discussion and possible action:
- Outstanding administrative matters (Chair).
- Treasurer’s Report (Treasurer).
- Conduct election of CAC Officer for Secretary.
C. New Business. Discussion and possible Board motions & action to address the following:
1. Browning-Ferris Industries/Republic Services Inc (BFI/Republic) report on Sunshine Canyon
Landfill (SCL) activities and operations (20 mins).
2. South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) report on SCL odor complaints received including charts of year-to-date including, any other matters within their purview Board motion: To request SCAQMD open proceedings for a new Order of Abatement (20 mins).
3. Sunshine Canyon Landfill-Local Enforcement Agency (SCL-LEA) to report on SCL inspections carried out, and other matters within their purview (15 mins).
4. City & County Planning Departments to report on SCL matters within their purview (5 mins each).
5. Other persons representing the City, County or State who wish to report any additional information or subject matter relating to SCL that is within their purview that has not been agendized for this meeting. If necessary, discussion and action will be agendized for another meeting (5 mins).
D. Public comment on items Not on the Agenda.
*Note: Speakers cards will be available at the meeting. Each person wishing to address the Committee is asked to complete the form and submit it to the Vice Chair at the beginning of the meeting. Speakers will be given three minutes each, time permitting. Time may also be reduced if there are additional uncarded speakers wishing to speak at that time (maximum 10 mins).
E. Set next meeting date (May 1, 2014), & adjourn at 5:00 p.m. (followed by a 5 min. break).
F. Special Overtime Discussion of Budget, Banking & Financial Matters (5:05 p.m – 5:35 p.m).
- If necessary. Staff or public presence optional (30 mins).
————————- ###### ————————-
Meeting handout materials are provided to the public at the meeting, and any underlined written reports or documents referenced above can be accessed online by title at one of the following websites:
http://scl-cac.org then click on the About Us on the top of the home page. Next click on the Documents tab, and then on the related document. Alternatively, select Departments on the top of the home page, then click on the appropriate Agency tab, and then on the related document.
http://scllea.org then click on the Special Projects link on the left side of the home page. Next click on the appropriate document in a list of documents presented at the bottom of the page.
If you require special accommodations, please contact Maria Masis at the Los Angeles County Department of Regional Planning at (213) 974-6435 or via e-mail email@example.com with at least three business days notice.
For further information contact Becky Bendikson at 16911 San Fernando Mission Blvd,
Box 412, Granada Hills CA 91344 or call Wayde Hunter at (818) 363-3597